PRESSURE TREATED WOOD
- You should not wait six months to coat pressure treated lumber.
- Some pressure treated lumber can be wax impregnated and you cannot coat unless you chemically remove the wax.
PAINTING COMPOSITE, PLASTIC OR VINYL SIDING
- There are rules and restrictions on how to paint composite, plastic or vinyl siding.
- Paint colors have Light Reflective Value (LRV) numbers attached to them to indicate what value you can paint composite siding.
- Composite manufacturers make different grades, and some need special primers.
- Paintable plastic or vinyl shutters and siding should never be painted darker than the vinyl color.
- You will have product failure if you paint cedar, mahogany, or ipe deck lumber without preparation.
- You cannot coat any wood that has been already coated with a wax-based, silicone or stearate
- based coating.
- Paint coatings, siding, deck materials and roofing shingles no longer have mercuric oxide for mildew
- Washing your home with harsh chemicals will shorten the life of any coatings or substrate used on your home.
- Applying straight bleach and water to your home can cause peeling.
- Few products can remove mildew from roofs, but there are special cleaners that can remove spotsfrom gutters and downspouts.
- Oil based paints, stains, primers and varnishes are still available.
- There are no paints for garage floors; only epoxies, stains and coatings
- Most new heavy deck coatings are designed to extend life to old decks for a few years before needing placement
I am very excited to announce our newest line of premium paints C2, a terrific addition to the Pittsburg Paint Lines.
A wide variety of hues and brilliance of color, you cannot help but find the right color for your project. Here is how C2 describes thier paint line.
REDEFINING THE ART OF COLOR
C2 Paint is synonymous with superior paint color —and that's no accident. We have invested in the finest ingredients, a one-of-a-kind colorant system and exclusive technology to create sophisticated, alluring choices that awaken our appreciation for the natural world. It's the dynamic blend of artisanship and innovation that allows our full-spectrum paint colors to achieve premium product performance and unmatched luminosity.
To see a additional product information Click Here
We are currently running a special on the C2 line of colors, $5.00 off a gallon, you pick the color.